Nissan QG16DE 1.6L Engine Specs, Problems, and Reliability. Nissan Aichi Machine Market established the QG16DE engine. The 1.8-liter QG18DE engine was developed on its base as the like QG15DE. The QG16DE concerned change the GA16DE engine.
The engine has cast iron cylinder block, aluminum twin camera 16-valve cylinder head. There are timing chain, variable valve timing system on the intake camshaft (CVTC), EGR system (for exhaust gas recirculation, thereby decreasing exhaust emissions) and electronic throttle. There are solid tappets (not hydraulic).
The QG16DE uses an ideal power (110-120 hp). In general, the engine is quite great for budget plan cars. Look at the two-liter QR20DE engine if you need more power variation.
Nissan QG16DE Engine Problems and Reliability
The engine does not have any serious problems. However in some cases you can meet following problems:
- Extended timing chain of the QG16DE is typical for this engine. Symptoms: the engine turn on hard; drifting idle rpm; increased sound; a bad velocity. The chain is dead as much as 100,000 miles mileage.
- The engine is switched on just after a few shots. You need to clean up a throttle valve and replace the fuel pump grid. In extreme cases, you need to buy the new fuel pump.
- Some noise, like whistling. The alternator belt produces this noise. It requires replacing together with rollers.
- Engine shakes at low rpm. Pay attention to engine controller system – some problems remain in the software application.
- Cars with this engine have undependable catalysts, and as you understand, a driver is a rather pricey part.
- Throttle valve loves to become dirty. Easy clinging will help.
you must see more engine detail in here: Engine – US Cars News or you can see on wiki here
Nissan QG16DE 1.6L Engine Specs
|Cylinder block material||Cast Iron|
|Cylinder head material||Aluminum|
|Fuel system||Electronic fuel injection|
|Number of cylinders||4|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Type of internal combustion engine||Four-stroke, naturally aspirated|
|Torque, lb ft||122/4000|
|Engine oil weight||5W-20, 10W-30, 15W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||2.7|
|Oil change interval, mile||10,000|
|Applications||Nissan Primera, Nissan Almera Classic, Renault Scala, Nissan Sentra, Nissan Sunny|