Nissan QR20DE 2.0L Engine Specs, Problems, Reliability. Nissan QR20DE engine is a 2.0-liter engine changed the old famous SR20DE engine.
The QR20DE has aluminum cylinder block. It got the specific ignition coils, electronic throttle, customized cylinder head, variable valve timing system on the intake camshaft, balance shafts for smooth operation, and other small touches and changes. The QR20DE hasn’t hydraulic tappets. Valve gap modification is required every 60,000 miles.
The QR20DE is not such trustworthy as its predecessor. The producer says what engine warranty is 120,000 miles. If you will alter engine oil regularly than service schedule needs, drive very mindful and mild, there’s an opportunity to get 150,000 mileage. To sum up, obviously, the QR20DE engine became more contemporary and highly advanced, however many people choose the old SR20DE, due to its reliability and simpleness.
There is the more powerful 2.5-liter QR25DE engine of QR series. Later on, another two-liter engine the MR20DE replaced the QR20DE engine.
Nissan QR20DE Engine Problems and Reliability
1. The stretched timing chain. This drawback appropriates for the first production year. The new chain will enable you to ignore any problems with it.
2. Oil leakages from the cylinder head cover. That issue fixes by installing the brand-new gasket.
3. This engine is tough to start in the cold weather.
4. The driver has a short life.
5. The thermostat is an example of unreliability, and you can rapidly get too hot the new aluminum cylinder block.
Nissan QR20DE 2.0L Engine Specs
|Manufacturer||Nissan Shatai Kyushu, Nissan Shatai Shonan, Nissan Shatai Kyoto|
|Production years||2000-present day|
|Cylinder block material||Aluminum|
|Cylinder head material||Aluminum|
|Fuel system||Electronic fuel injection|
|Number of cylinders||4|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Type of internal combustion engine||Four-stroke, naturally aspirated|
|Torque, lb ft||148/4000|
|Engine oil weight||5W-30, 5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.9|
|Oil change interval, mile||10,000|
|Applications||Nissan Primera, Nissan X-Trail, Nissan Teana, Nissan Serena, Nissan Wingroad, Nissan Avenir, Nissan Prairie|