VW/Audi 2.0 TSI/TFSI EA113 Engine Specs, Problems, Reliability. The two-liter EA113 TFSI engine appeared in 2004. It was created on the base of naturally aspirated engine VW 2.0 FSI with direct fuel injection. The primary distinction between two engines is letter T, which means – turbocharged.
That is not the only one difference, naturally. The engine was strengthened to preserve a higher power. 2.0 TFSI engine has actually cast iron cylinder block instead of aluminum block. Inside the brand-new engine block, there are 2 stabilizing shafts, another more strong crankshaft, new pistons and connecting rods for lower compression ratio.
VW/Audi 2.0 TSI/TFSI EA113 Engine Specs, Problems, Reliability
There is 16-valve twin-cam cylinder head installed on top of the block. The cylinder head got brand-new camshafts, valves, strengthened valve springs. The 2.0 TFSI is geared up with Variable Valve Timing system for the consumption camshaft only, direct fuel injection, hydraulic tappets.
The engine uses the little turbocharger BorgWarner K03 (max pressure is 0.6 bar), which provides high torque currently from 1800 rpm. More effective engine versions are equipped with a high-performance turbocharger – KKK K04.
VW/Audi 2.0 TSI/TFSI EA113 Engine Problems and Reliability
- High engine oil consumption. It is the typical situation with cars and trucks, which mileage is more than average. Typically the reason is lousy oil rings or valve of crankcase ventilation.
- Knocking, like a diesel engine. The factor is wear of camshaft chain tensioner.
- A cars and truck doesn’t accelerate at high rpm. This issue will resolve by replacement the pusher of the high-pressure fuel pump.
- Loss of power, awful acceleration. The problem lies more often in N249 bypass valve. Lots of people prefer to remove N249 bypass valve.
VW/Audi 2.0 TSI/TFSI EA113 Engine Specs
|Manufacturer||Plant Audi Hungaria Motor Kft. in Gyor|
|Production years||2004- present day|
|Cylinder block material||Cast Iron|
|Cylinder head material||Aluminum|
|Fuel system||Direct injection|
|Number of cylinders||4|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Bore, mm||82.5 (3.25)|
|Stroke, mm||92.8 (3.65 in)|
|Displacement, cc||1984 (121.1 cu in)|
|Type of internal combustion engine||Four-stroke, turbocharged|
|Power, hp||170-272 hp (125-200 kW)/4,300-6,000|
|Torque, lb ft||199-258 lb-ft (270-350Nm)/1,700-5,000|
|Engine oil weight||5W-30, 5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.6|
|Oil change interval, mile||12,000 (20,000 km)/12 months|
|Applications||Audi A3/S3, Audi A4, Audi A6, Audi TT/TTS, VW Jetta, VW Golf GTI/R, VW Tiguan, VW Scirocco, VW Passat B6, SEAT Leon FR Mk2, SEAT Leon Cupra, SEAT Altea, SEAT Toledo Mk3, SEAT Exeo|
VW/Audi 2.0 TSI/TFSI EA113 Engine Modifications
- BPJ – 170hp (125 kW)/ 4,300 rpm; 207 lb-ft (280Nm)/ 1,800-4,200 rpm. Application: Audi A6 (C6), VW Tiguan. That is the weakest version of 2.0 TFSI engine for Audi A6 and VW Tiguan. It has single turbocharger.
- BWA – 185hp (136 kW)/ 6,000 rpm; 199 lb-ft (270Nm)/ 1,800-5,000 rpm. Application: SEAT Leon.
- AXX, BWA, BWE, BPY – 200hp (147 kW)/ 5,100-6,000 rpm; 207 lb-ft (280Nm)/ 1,700-5,000 rpm. That engine version is for North American market likewise. Application: Audi A4 B7, Audi A3 8P, Audi TT, VW Passat B6, VW Golf Mk5 GTI, VW Jetta Mk5 GLI, SEAT Leon FR Mk2, SEAT Altea, SEAT Toledo Mk3, SEAT Exeo, Skoda Octavia vRS.
- BUL – 220hp (162 kW)/ 5,900 rpm; 221 lb-ft (300Nm)/ 2,200-4,800 rpm. This is engine for the 2005 Audi A4 in DTM Edition cut.
- CDL – 220-265hp (162-195 kW)/ 4,500-6,300 rpm; 221-258 lb-ft (300-350Nm)/ 2,500-4,400 rpm. That engine has different output in various applications: Volkswagen Polo R WRC, Volkswagen Golf MKVI GTI Edition 35, Audi S3 (8P), Golf R for Australia, Japan, Middle-East and The United States And Canada, Scirocco R. The engine is the same BYD, however max boost pressure is higher – 1.2 bar.
- BYD – 230hp (169 kW)/ 5,500; 221 lb-ft (300Nm)/ 2,250-5,200 rpm. Application: VW Golf Mk5 GTI Edition 30, Pirelli Edition. This engine has strengthened cylinder block, conrods, turbocharger KKK K04 (max pressure is 0.9 bar).
- BWJ – 241hp (177 kW)/ 6,000; 221 lb-ft (300Nm)/ 2,200-5,500 rpm. SEAT Leon Cupra engines.
- BHZ – 265hp (195 kW)/ 6,000; 258 lb-ft (350Nm)/ 2,500-5,000 rpm. Audi S3 (8P) engine.
- CDLA – 265hp (195 kW)/ 6,000; 258 lb-ft (350Nm)/ 2,500-5,000 rpm. Application: Audi S3 (8P), Audi TTS, SEAT Leon Cupra R, VW Scirocco R.
- CDLF – 271hp (199 kW)/ 6,000; 258 lb-ft (350Nm)/ 2,500-5,000 rpm. That is a Golf R engine for European market.
- CDLF – 272hp (200 kW)/ 6,000; 258 lb-ft (350Nm)/ 2,500-5,000 rpm. That another high-performance engine is for European Audi TTS.