VW/Audi 2.0 TDI CR EA189 Engine Specs, Problems, Reliability. The 2.0 TDI Common Rail engine is based upon previous version – the 2.0 TDI PD engine. This brand-new engine belongs to the EA189 family (VW Emission scandal), which consisting of the 1.6 TDI engine and 3-cylinder 1.2 TDI engine.
Lots of brand-new engine parts were established to fulfill the growing requirements worrying noise qualities, fuel usage, and emissions. The most essential in this case is changing to the injection system Common-Rail. The engine has actually forged steel crankshaft with 4 counterweights instead of eight. It reduces the load on the crankshaft bearings and the noise from vibrations. The 2.0 TDI CR uses its pistons with a more volume combustion chamber, because of this the engine has lower compression ratio 16.5:1.
VW/Audi 2.0 TDI CR EA189 Engine Specs, Problems, Reliability
The most visible modification is the brand-new cylinder head. It is made from aluminum and has for valves per cylinder and two camshafts. But the timing belt drives tire camshaft just, and the consumption camshaft drives by gear from exhaust camshaft at the rear of cylinder head.
The 2.0 TDI engine got variable geometry intake manifold, roller finger webcam followers with hydraulic lifters, electronically controlled variable geometry turbocharger integrated into cast iron exhaust manifold, diesel particulate filter, low-temperature EGR system and Bosch EDC 17 electronic ECU. Two-liter engine can be equipped with two balancing shafts in depends on automobile model.
VW/Audi 2.0 TDI CR EA189 Engine Problems and Reliability
By itself, this engine is very trustworthy. The primary issue is what this engine was in the Volkswagen emissions scandal (likewise known as “emissionsgate” or “dieselgate”).
VW/Audi 2.0 TDI CR EA189 Engine Modifications
- CBDC – 110hp/ 4,200 rpm; 184 lb-ft/1,500 -2,500.
- CAGC – 120hp/4,000 rpm; 214 lb-ft/1,750 -2,500 rpm. 2009 SEAT Exeo engine.
- CAGB – 136hp AUDI A6 C6 CR engine.
- CFHC, CBEA, CBAB, CFFB, CBDB, CJAA – 140hp/3,750 -4,150 rpm; 236 lbfft/1,750 -2,800 rpm. Volkswagen Golf Mk6 engine.
- CAGA – 143hp/4,200 rpm; 236 lb-ft/1,750 -2,500 rpm. Engine for Audi B8 A4, Audi Q5, SEAT Exeo.
- CRBC – 150hp/3,500 rpm; 236 lb-ft/1,750 -3,000 rpm. Audi A3, Golf VII, SEAT Leon
- CFGB, CBBB, CEGA, CAHA – 170hp/4,200 rpm; 258 lb-ft/1,750 -2,500 rpm. VW passat cc, Audi TT 2.0 TDI quattro, Audi 8P A3, Volkswagen Golf Mk6, Skoda Octavia RS TDI, SEAT Exeo, SEAT Leon
VW/Audi 2.0 TDI CR EA189 Engine Specs
|Manufacturer||VW Motor Polska Sp. z o.o., Audi Hungaria Motor Kft.|
|Cylinder block material||Cast Iron|
|Cylinder head material||Aluminum|
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Number of cylinders||4|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Type of internal combustion engine||Four-stroke, turbocharged|
|Torque, lb ft||236/1750-2800|
|Engine oil weight||VW 507.00, 5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.8|
|Oil change interval, mile||10,000|
|Applications||Audi TT Mk2 2.0 TDI quattro, Audi 8P A3, Audi B8 A4, Audi Q5, SEAT Leon Mk2, SEAT Altea, SEAT Toledo Mk3, SEAT Exeo, Skoda Octavia Mk2, Skoda Superb Mk2, Škoda Yeti, Volkswagen Golf Mk6, VW Jetta Mk5 TDI, Volkswagen Tiguan, Volkswagen Passat, Volkswagen Transporter|